Monday, December 21, 2015

December 21, 2015 What I've been up to and Merry Christmas

WOW.
It's been a while. Will you all forgive me? Sorry for not doing a very good job at writing a weekly. SO MUCH has happened! I feel like I say that every week! Every single day on the mission, I feel like I could write a book! But even so, it's so hard to summarize in an email what is going on, so much that I just get overwhelmed and don't even bother. But don't worry, I'm also trying to do my best to keep a journal, so I've got back up for the Mondays that I slack on :)
Time on the mission is weird. I love every second and do my best to absorb the moments. I'm all about making things and experience and whoa is this an experience for sure.
I bet you've been curious as to what in the world me and Sister Riggs have been getting into.

THIS HAPPENED. We met a wonderful young woman. I
remember that one  time Sister Riggs and I got dropped by 2 of our progressing investigators. Because God is merciful, he decided to give us this new young woman.

We walked out of the investigator's apartment after she told us that she didn't want to get baptized anymore with our heads down pretty low. This is something I had yet to really experience on the mission, being dropped that is. And with Sister Riggs my sweet new tender child, I, WE refused to let our heads hang down too low for tooooo long.


It was literally like something from a movie. We walked slowly down the steps of her apartment, back on to campus and almost missed a miracle. As we crossed the street and down the path to our apartment, our heads hanging down,  but right at our feet, was a little fortune that said this: "You will obtain your goal if you maintain your course." 



 



Just like that.
Thanks panda express.......
More like thanks Jesus!!!!!!!
Tender mercies.
3. days. later. fast forward to sitting in the meeting with our branch mission leader. We were texting random people in our phone asking if they wanted to meet up. One young woman actually responded and said she was willing to meet with us at the institute THAT NIGHT. We did! Taught her about baptism. We met with her the following Tuesday and invited her to be baptized. She said yes. Just last Friday, she was.  










and there she is!!! Lady in red!!! and me, unfortunately, I still don't know how to take direction.


PS. I had my FIRST family history experience.
Yesterday at church!!!!!
Since the branch is SO wonderful and is so big on family history for our recent converts it gives the rest of us a reason to join in on the fun. 

Now I've done baptisms for the dead before but not for anyone in my own family, nor have I ever gotten a name so that the work could be done for family member in the temple......Well that all changed yesterday when I downloaded the family search app on my iPad, found out when my grandpa died, which, by the way was was SUPER hard for me because obviously I couldn't' call my mom!!!!! so I had to say a prayer then get on google......

I got the information so that her dad could be baptized, and receive his endowment :)
Since he is a male I can't go into the temple and do it for him, but I'm going to get someone in the branch to do it for me when they go to the temple on the 29th :)
I LOVE THIS WORK.
M e r r y C h r i s  m a s,
please know I will be thinking of all of you on that special day, but certainly our Savior as we celebrate his birth,
I love him.
Sister Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment