Sunday, November 22, 2015

October 19, 2015 New companion

 
 
 
 
 
 It's what you've been waiting for.....
Here she is!!! Miss America! My child. My trainee. My girl!

 Sister Riggs hailing from Springville Utah!! She's only my second companion from Utah.

She is WONDERFUL!!!!!! She is seriously the cutest thing in the world.


She cheered during her time in school, and is a Disney freak and I think we are pretty much the same person......
I would have you know, she testifies with power and authority. She listens to all of our investigators and is able to teach according to their needs because she cares. She has a heart of gold and a desires to do the Lords will.

Her mission will be a success because of this and I am so grateful to have her at my side!!!

We witnessed a miracle just the other day when we went contacting with our Recent Convert Yesi. Yesi, wanted to go contacting with us on San Jose State and so we scheduled about an hour to do so, on campus. After we said our prayer, we walked out of the doors of the institute and didn't even make it 20 feet out the door. Right there walking was young girl and because we do our best to talk with everyone, we said hello!! Sister Riggs bright eyed and bushy tailed was right there with a huge smile. We introduced ourselves, asked her if she knew what the institute was, and asked her if she had some time to learn about what we believed in. Her response was sure!-- slightly surprised but certainly grateful we walked her right inside of the institute, gave her a tour and taught her the Message of the Restoration.
It was a tender mercy given to us but the Lord which helps us understand how much we really do need to talk to everyone! And even while talking to everyone, we need to invite everyone! We need to invite them to church, we need to invite them to listen to what we have to say and ultimate we just need to give them a chance, because we don't know who God is preparing. we just need to have faith that He will lead us to those who are ready to receive this message. I'm grateful Sister Riggs got to experience that, as well as our sweet member Yesi.

I know the Lord has big things for us in this transfer. I pray that we will be worthy to experience such miracles.
This is what I'm ponderizing this week: Mosiah 8:18
"Thus God has provided a means that man, through faith, might work mighty miracles; therefore her becometh a great benefit to his fellow beings."

I love this work! And my new companion!!
-Sister Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment