Sunday, November 22, 2015

October 26, 2015

Hellowwwwww-

What a wonderful week. Man time flies! We are having a blast and are doing our best to find find find, more of those lucky San Jose State Students that we receive us ha ha.  Sister Riggs is killin it! I am so grateful for her desires to work hard. She is a pro.

There is a talk that is getting us pumped about missionary work, titled "Following Christ to Victory" by Hartman Rector Jr. who was actually President Mellas mission president in the San Diego Mission where he served as a young man!!!!! I think you can liken this talk to "real life living" not just missionary work....

Some of my favorite parts-
       "Believe you can do it. This is the first important principle. All things are possible to them that believe (see Mark 9:23). Surely we must believe in a thing before we can desire it. And God does grant unto men according to their desire (see Alma 29:4). If the desire is strong enough, performance is assured.

       I am positive also that no one can be emotionally or physically healthy unless he is keeping the commandments and rendering unto God the things that are God’s. I did not say that this obedience would also make you satisfied with your every performance—I seldom am; I’m sure I can improve my performance in the job. But when I’m on the Lord’s side, keeping the basic commandments, I feel good about me, I esteem myself as a worthy child of God, and I find I am very positive. 


 How to perform positively? Easy: eliminate all negative words and phrases from your vocabulary. Refuse to think negatively, for as a man “thinketh in his heart, so is he” (Prov. 23:7).  

Refuse also to speak negatively. Now you have become an optimist rather than a pessimist. There is a big difference between an optimist and a pessimist—one is positive, a believer; the other is negative, a doubter. The optimist, as you probably know, is a person who, when he wears out his shoes, just figures he’s back on his feet. The pessimist says, “I’ll believe it when I see it.” The optimist says, “I’ll see it when I believe it.”

We had a wonderful week and there are many more to come!

Below-

Tessi and Ismael who are Branch Missionaries. Tessi served in the DC south mission!!!!!!


 
Sister Riggs and Yesi= SUPER CUTEMe= creepy






LOVE YOUUU ALLLL.

-Sister Carter



No comments:

Post a Comment