Monday, March 23, 2015

March 23, 2015

Hello!!!

Today was a fun start to a preparation day because we got a tour of Google! 

What a full week! I'm not even too sure where to begin! But let's just start with after I lost my 3 companions to the real world, I was blessed to be paired with Sister Triana who I lived with in the MTC! She is great and are certainly excited to be together. Sister Uelese is still living with me, but now covers the Samoan branch with her trainee!! No more Samoan branch for me! I am SO SAD. But Sister Uelese will be receiving a new missionary straight from the MTC on Wednesday!!!!! We are excited to have a new greenie in the apartment with us! Especially seeing as the three of us (Sister Uelese, Triana and I) all came out together!! 

Ebony and Savanah got baptized this week! It was difficult to not have Sister Fraser there, seeing as we taught these two girls together from the beginning but I am very grateful that Sister Triana got to join and be apart of the miracle baptism. Despite Sister Uelse now only covering the Samoan Branch she too taught Ebony and Savhanah, while we were in the Trio, she had the be a part of the baptism! She blessed us all by singing I am a child of God during the service :) Though I wish I can say my first baptism was flawless, that was CERTAINLY not the case. The morning of the baptism, we got a call at around 8:00am from the Spanish Elders telling us that the power was out in the Stake Center; this was terrifying because the stake Center is the only place that we can have baptisms because they are the only building with a font. After numerous calls between 5 sets of missionaries, the Bishop, the ward mission leader, and the primary president PLUS lots of prayers, the show went on, with no power! And boy was it a packed house. The room was full of missionaries and friends of Ebony and Savannah. I am so grateful for these girls and for their mother! I have prayed for them and will continue to every night! That they will have the blessing and privilege of going on missions, attending BYU (sorry Betsy) and getting sealed in the temple! I know this gospel will bless their lives, as it already has.

Last night Sister Triana and I were BLESSED with an opportunity to go see the Lamb of God performance at Santa Clara University! This performance meant so so much to me. 2 months, every single day before my mission, I listened to the Lamb of God soundtrack, so it was no surprise that as soon as the first note was played, tears started coming. I cried from the beginning all the way to the end. Lamb of God tells the story of the Final days of the Saviors Ministry, Crucifixion and Resurrection. My testimony was strengthened during the performance. The music, was beautiful and the spirit certainly could not be denied! I invite you all to listen to this performance. You can find it on Youtube, Spotify (sp) and Pandora. 

I am grateful for my beloved Savior, and during this Easter Season I am grateful to celebrate his Resurrection! Truly He lives. I know He lives. The church is launching another FANTASTIC video for the season http://www.mormon.org/easter/teaser on MARCH 28TH. On that day, visit the following website and experience the video for yourself. We were blessed with the privilege to watch it on Tuesday, and just like other previous videos, it truly captures the spirit of this Gospel. Because HE truly does live, I am on a mission. Because he lives, I will keep the commandments. Because He lives, I am preparing to see Him again. 

Happiness is founded on and dependent upon our obedience. A home established on gospel principles is a place of safety a place where love abounds and a place where the Lords spirit is felt. I can promise each of you happiness in this life and joy in the next if you keep the commandments. Life will not always be easy but it will be plentiful. 

Mosiah 2:41
 41 And moreover, would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all 
things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they holdout 
faithful to the end they are received into heaventhat thereby they may dwell with God in state of never ending happiness. remember, remember that these things  are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."

Last time with the Trio! Me and Sister Uelse will be sure to make Sister Fraser Proud!
 
 
 
These are pictures from this past weeks Transfer Meeting! (also, yes, I am wearing a lavalava "traditional" Samoan wear haha)

The last time I was with my trainer (right) Sister Gregerson and my breaker Sister Packard (left) before they jumped on the shuttle to go home! I LOVE them.

Keep the Commandments,
The Church is True, 
Sister Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment