Sunday, April 5, 2015

March 30, 2015 Google tour, Sister Triana, Baptism

Hello!!!

Today was a fun start to a preparation day because we got a tour of Google! Because this is Silicon valley and we live in Palo Alto everyone works for Google, Apple, Facebook etc.  And being in the type of ward that we are in, we are able to get pretty awesome tours of these places!  I am grateful for the blessings that come from being on a mission.

What a full week! I'm not even too sure where to begin! But lets just start with after I lost my 3 companions to the real world, I was blessed to be paired with Sister Triana who I lived with in the MTC! She is great and we are certainly excited to be together. Sister Uelese is still living with me, but now covers the Samoan branch with her trainee!! No more Samoan branch for me! I am SO SAD. But Sister Uelese will be receiving a new missionary straight from the MTC on Wednesday!!!!! We are excited to have a new greenie in the apartment with us! Especially seeing as the three of us (Sister Uelese, Triana and I) all came out together!! 

Ebony and Savanah got baptized this week! It was difficult to not have Sister Fraser there, seeing as we taught these two girls together from the beginning but I am very grateful that Sister Triana got to join and be apart of the miracle baptism. Despite Sister Uelse now only covering the Samoan Branch she too taught Ebony and Savhanah, while we were in the Trio, she had to be apart of the baptism! She blessed us all by singing I am a child of God during the service :)  Sister Triana and I gave a talk on baptism.  It was beautiful and I loved being a part of this special day!  I am grateful to my Savior for allowing us to be a part of His children's lives in such special ways.  Though I wish I can say my first baptism was flawless, that was CERTAINLY not the case. The morning of the baptism, we got a call at around 8:00am from the Spanish Elders telling us that the power was out in the Stake Center; this was terrifying because the stake Center is the only place that we can have baptisms because they are the only building with a font. After numerous calls between 5 sets of missionaries, the Bishop, the ward mission leader, and the primary president PLUS lots of prayers, the show went on, with no power! And boy was it a packed house. The room was full of missionaries and friends of Ebony and Savanah. I am so grateful for these girls and for their mother! I have prayed for them and will continue to every night that they will have the blessing and privilege of going on missions, attending BYU (sorry Betsy) and getting sealed in the temple! I know this gospel will bless their lives, as it already has. The next day they were welcomed into the ward after having received the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  I pray that they will always listen to that still small voice that will lead them away from temptation and evil.  I know they will always be safe if they obey the voice of the spirit but I also know they will be happy.  This gospel truly does bring happiness.

As latter-day Saints we are a covenant making and keeping people.  As latter-day saints it is also our job to invite others to also become covenant making and keeping people.

When we make a covenant we promise Heavenly Father something and He too promises to bless us.  In the context of baptism, we covenant or promise to keep the commandments in which we are blessing with the Spirit of the Lord (or the Holy Ghost)!  Who doesn't want the spirit of the Lord with them!?  I know I want it.

Commandments are there to bless and protect us my friends. They are given to us from a loving Heavenly Father who wants to see us again.

Mosiah 2:22

 22 And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth vary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you.


Mosiah 2:31

 31 And now, my brethren, I would that ye should do as ye have hitherto done. As ye have kept my commandments, and also the commandments of my father, and have prospered, and have been kept from falling into the hands of your enemies, even so if ye shall keep the commandments of my son, or the commandments of God which shall be delivered unto you by him, ye shall prosper in the land, and your enemies shall have no power over you.

1 Nephi 4:1

 And it came to pass that I spake unto my brethren, saying: Let us go up again unto Jerusalem, and let us be faithful in keeping the commandments of the Lord; for behold he is mightier than all the earth, then why not mightier than Laban and his fifty, yea, or even than his tens of thousands?


I love you all and I want you to keep the commandments!
Sister Carter
_____________


Last night Sister Triana and I were BLESSED with an opportunity to go see the Lamb of God performance at Santa Clara University! This performance meant so so much to me. For 2 months, every single day before my mission, I listened to the Lamb of God soundtrack, so it was no surprise that as soon as the first note was played, tears started coming. I cried from the beginning all the way to the end. Lamb of God tells the story of the final days of the Savior's Ministry, Crucifixion and Resurrection. My testimony was strengthened during the performance. The music, was beautiful and the spirit certainly could not be denied! I invite you all to listen to this performance. You can find it on Youtube, Spotify, and Pandora. 

I am grateful for my beloved Savior, and during this Easter Season I am grateful to celebrate his Resurrection! Truly He lives. I know He lives. The church is launching another FANTASTIC video for the season http://www.mormon.org/easter/teaser on MARCH 28TH. On that day, visit the following website and experience the video for yourself. We were blessed with the privilege to watch it on Tuesday, and just like other previous videos, it truly captures the spirit of this Gospel. Because HE truly does live, I am on a mission. Because he lives, I will keep the commandments. Because He lives, I am preparing to see Him again. 

Happiness is founded on and dependent upon our obedience. A home established on gospel principles is a place of safety a place where love abounds and a place where the Lords spirit is felt. I can promise each of you happiness in this life and joy in the next if you keep the commandments. Life will not always be easy but it will be plentiful. 

Mosiah 2:41
 41 And moreover, would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all 
things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they holdout 
faithful to the end they are received into heaventhat thereby they may dwell with God in state of never ending happiness. remember, remember that these things  are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."

Keep the Commandments,
The Church is True, 
Sister Carter
Here is a picture of Sister Triana and I!!! She's from Greenwich, Connecticut! 

Also, if you haven't seen my blog it's pretty great. Some things may be repetitive, but ultimately, it's me blabbering about how much I love being a Missionary :)

I hope you all are having the best day ever. Because, well I am.

I love being a missionary! I love the scriptures and I love my Savior and Heavenly Father.

Last night I had a couple of questions of how I could have the spirit more with me and well, I got my answer! I love how if we ask we truly can receive. If we knock the door truly will be opened to us! When we seek we really can find. 

3rd Nephi 14:7 "Ask, and it shall be given unto you: seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." 

Sister Triana and I had an amazing 2nd lesson with our investigator yesterday. Both of us were pretty nervous about this follow up lesson because we were determined to set a baptismal date with her! We have both come to the conclusion that asking someone to be baptized is just as scary as asking someone to marry you! ha. With that in mind, we went in prayerfully, determined but thoughtful. Ultimately, we, and certainly I, have discovered that it doesn't matter what we say, but really what we feel when we teach, and what our investigators feel when we teach them. That is what will convert them. Sure, knowing the doctrine helps, and we do need to "seek to obtain His words", and they will be brought to us, in the minute and the hour that we need them, BUT if we do not have the spirit, we cannot teach in unity or with the power of God. 

 Doctrine and Covenants Chapter 11 Verse 21 
"Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my 
wordand then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you 
desire, you shall have my Spirit and my word, yea,the power of God unto the convincing of men."

The lesson was wonderful, but I discovered that I want the spirit with me always! More! And in abundance! So I prayed to know what more I could do, and I got an answer. 
For that simple reply from my Heavenly Father, I am grateful. 

We can all receive answers. If we need help, reassurance, a boost of confidence, support or even just the feeling of love we can get it, and it is through our Savior and our Heavenly Father. We just need to reach out. 

So go, reach out! Ask them for help, ask them what you can do to be happier, ask them whatever you want! And then, be willing to search it out, search the scriptures then get on your knees and plead for help to do it. 

Did any of that make sense?, Anywho, just some insights,
I love you all so much, 
And I can testify that so does your Heavenly Father and your Savior!
Sister Carter




No comments:

Post a Comment