Saturday, April 18, 2015

April 18, 2015 General Conference

Editor's note:  If you would like to listen to an audio recording or read some of the talks from 2015 General Conference that Alicia talks about in this post, go to this link: 

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2015/04?lang=eng


Hi!


    
Happy Preparation Day!  I love General Conference!  I love it SO much.  As I watch, I am grateful for my knowledge of a living prophet on the earth today!  This is a testimony which has been in me, but has grown since attending BYU-Idaho but every more since serving a mission.  I am a missionary for the Lord, called by a Prophet of God.  Whoa!  What a blessing, what a thrill.  I had hands laid upon my head and was literally set apart from the rest of the world to proclaim to the rest of the world that He lives!  And that we can all return to Him!  After all we can do of course!  His grace is truly sufficient.

I too am called to declare glad tidings of great joy to the world, to tell them that through faith, repentance, being baptized and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, they can enjoy not only this life, but the life to come!  How great is my purpose.

"Following Christ is not a casual or occasional practice but a continuous commitment and a way of life in all times and in all places".  

There is a prophet on the earth!  I know this to be true.  I find though I am like Thomas---asking to feel the prints in Christ's hands in order to believe.  Seeing helps.  I've had the blessing on this mission to see three apostles of the Lord in person, as well as shake hands with other General Authorities.

You think they're powerful over the T.V.?  Just wait till you meet one.  The Lord's spirit radiates so powerfully out of these humble God-serving men (and women).  I am grateful for their examples and alll those who lead the church in their roles:  Primary teachers, greeters, Bishops, ward clerks, family history coordinators!  We are all pieces of the grand puzzle that makes up the Gospel.

I had some favorites from General Conference:  
(My ultimate favorites *)

Henry B. Eyring on fasting:  "A simple commandment with a marvelous promise."

L. Whitney Clayton:  "See the light in the distance and keep going."

Wilford W. Anderson:  "I can teach you to dance but you have to hear the music."

 Image result for dancing

*Dale G. Renlund: "I was I; tis not I."

*José A. Teixeira: "We will still have pain. . . It gives us a deeper understanding."

*Gerald Cause:  "So many wonders we look but we don't see.  We hear but we don't listen."  "Never tire of discovering or rediscovering."

*Dieter F. Uctdorf: "Salvation does not equal obedience."  "Obey out of love for Him."

Well, I really loved all of conference.  Every talk was from God and each is perfect for missionaries too!

We are truly being proved to see if we will do what we are commanded in our first estate. . .

I can promise peace in this life and eternal joy in the next by heading the council from our living Prophet and his apostles.

Sister Carter

"While they who reject this glad message, shall never such happiness know."

No comments:

Post a Comment