Friday, June 26, 2015

June 23, 2015

Happy P. Day!! Wait. It's Tuesday!!!? Well, yesterday we had a giant 6 hour meeting about....iPads! Yay!! These things have been a blast. The next step is calendars, area books and pretty much no more paper in the California San Jose Mission!! That means all of those records from 2002...yeah, we get to create electronic copies. Yay!

Remember how I spoke at the Stanford 2nd ward on Mothers day? Well just two days ago, I was able to speak on Fathers Day at the Stanford 1st ward!! This was a tender mercy because  I was able to proclaim the love and admiration that I have for both my earthly parents. I love them so much. 

"Fathers are so special with a very special love.
  1. They watch us and protect us.
    They guide us and direct us
    Back to our home above"
  2. I spoke about miracles and how they are truly all around us!! Here is a bit: 

"There are so many miracles around us: 
Miracles of being forgiven, 
Miracle of the Priesthood
Miracle of Resurrection 
Miracle of the Restoration
Miracle of Fathers
Miracle of the Atonement 
Miracle of the Book of Mormon 
Miracle of a Prophets 
Miracles of Missionary 
Life birth 
Waking up on time
Getting a job
Not burning the lasagne
 
Now, I will use the word miracle and blessing interchangeably blessing. 

Miracles are wonders, marvels, because of the effect produced on those who saw them.
Many of them were also symbolic, teaching such divine truths as the result of sin and the cure of sin; the value of faith; the curse of impurity; and the law of love. Miracles were and are a response to faith and its best encouragement. They were never wrought without prayer. 
The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them. 
"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name."

I know that miracles have not ceased! God is the same yesterday today and forever. My mission is a miracle, the blessing of having a wonderful dad is miracle, the Book of Mormon is a miracle and I can go on and on. 

I love this work and am so grateful to be apart of it! 
The church is true!!
Sister Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment